In this section I try and give you some information about webserver and Perl errors that can pop up when you are working with Coranto. In fact, I have focused on problems that basically are not particular to Coranto but can occur when dealing with any kind of Perl based webscript.
The problem with many of the webserver and Perl error messages that is presented to the user is that they are very vague and really doesn´t say much about what caused the error to arrise or what you can do to fix it.
This is actually done on purpose because having a bunch of details about your server and settings given away to any visitor of your site isn´t the smartest move, but it really make lifes harder when it comes to fixing the root of the problem. So here are some common error messages and some tips of how to solve them.
• 500 - Internal Server Error
• An error occurred while processing this directive
• Fatal Error. Could not include file crcfg.dat. The file, however, appears to exist.
• nsettings.cgi is 0 byte
• Premature end of script headers: /some/path/to/coranto.cgi
• Unable to open /path/to/file.txt. No such file or directory at crcore.pl line 281.
• Unable to open /path/to/file.txt. Permission denied at crcore.pl line 281.
• When I FTP to my server, I can´t delete the files Coranto have created.